BLACKROCK Online Practice Test
Look no further, because the BLACKROCK Practice Aptitude Test Pack 2023 is your gateway to unlocking remarkable opportunities in the financial world. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the essential insights, tips, and strategies to help you conquer this test and secure your dream job at one of the world’s leading investment firms, BlackRock.
Understanding the BLACKROCK Practice Aptitude Test
Before we dive into the strategies to excel in this assessment, it’s crucial to comprehend the nature of the BLACKROCK Practice Aptitude Test Pack. This test assesses various skills and aptitudes, including:
- Numerical Reasoning: Evaluates your ability to interpret complex financial data, perform calculations, and make sound decisions based on numerical information.
- Verbal Reasoning: Assesses your comprehension and critical thinking skills through passages related to finance, economics, and general business topics.
- Logical Reasoning: Measures your ability to analyze patterns, solve problems, and make inferences from financial scenarios.
- Situational Judgment Test (SJT): Evaluates your decision-making skills in real-world situations, focusing on ethical and professional behavior.
Top Strategies for Success
- Practice, Practice, Practice: The key to excelling in the BLACKROCK Practice Aptitude Test Pack is practice. Start by working through sample questions and full-length practice tests. Familiarizing yourself with the format and types of questions will boost your confidence and efficiency.
- Time Management: The test is often timed, so effective time management is crucial. Allocate a specific amount of time to each question, and if you get stuck, move on to the next one. You can always come back to challenging questions later.
- Brush Up on Financial Knowledge: Since the test is finance-focused, ensure you have a solid understanding of financial concepts, such as ratios, financial statements, and investment strategies. Review the basics to confidently tackle related questions.
- Read Actively: For the verbal reasoning section, practice active reading. Pay attention to details, main ideas, and the author’s tone. This will help you answer questions accurately.
- Logical Reasoning Practice: Improve your logical reasoning skills by solving puzzles, riddles, and mathematical problems. This will enhance your ability to analyze complex financial scenarios.
- SJT Preparation: For the situational judgment test, familiarize yourself with BlackRock’s values and ethical guidelines. Be prepared to make decisions that align with their corporate culture.
- Mock Interviews: Consider scheduling mock interviews with career advisors or mentors. This will help you prepare for the interview portion of the assessment, which often follows the aptitude test.
About BLACKROCK company
BlackRock offers a range of solutions for institutions, financial professionals and individuals from all walks of life. From shop assistants in your local stores to national organizations and non-profits, BlackRock has helped people take control of their financial security for more than 30 years. BLACKROCK offer their graduate programmes in a range of exciting business areas.
BLACKROCK Aptitude tests formats; What to expect:
BLACKROCK mostly uses CEB/Gartner (SHL) style tests for its candidate selection. The sections on the assessments may include any of the following test sections, depending on the role that you applied to and also the country you are applying from:
- Numerical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Deductive Reasoning
Sample BLACKROCK Assessment Practice Tests and Worked solutions
Blackrock graduate practice pack Numerical Reasoning
How much was spent on Clothes and Shoes in year 5 if the same percent increase was maintained as between year 3 and year 4?
A. 1,920 Euros
B. 1,921 Euros
C. 1,922 Euros
D. 1,934 Euros
E. 1,935 Euros
In year 3, how much more was spent on house & home than on hygiene & health?
A. 8,080 Euros
B. 8,280 Euros
C. 8,480 Euros
D. 8,680 Euros
E. 8,880 Euros
Which of the items accounts for the highest percent change between year 2 and 3?
B. House & Home
C. Clothes & Shoes
D. Hygiene & Health
E. Leisure & Transport Answer: E
What is the total percent change in money spent on hygiene & health between year 1 & year 4?
A. 0.4% decrease
B. 4% increase
C. 4% decrease
D. 0.4% increase
E. 5% decrease
Blackrock graduate practice pack verbal Reasoning
One of the foremost concerns for reputable commercial construction companies is the significant amount of time require for contractors and cost estimators to commit to pricing up raw materials like steel and concrete. This is due to the constantly changing massive inflation rates, which result in a need for continuous researching and reporting on pricing information. In addition, these companies need to ensure they have good relationships with their major subcontractors and suppliers, in order to capitalize on their capacity to forecast and budget the costs effectively throughout the whole construction process. However, some construction owners are taking a more proactive role throughout the whole process to streamline communication and impel project completion, by functioning as a team member.
Constantly changing inflation rates causes considerable problems for cost estimators
C. Cannot say
Answer : A, Explanation: The passage says …constantly changing massive inflation rates leads to significant time required to commit to pricing. This can be considered as considerable.
By working as part of a team it is possible for construction owners to reduce the amount of money they spend on a construction project.
C. Cannot say
Answer : C, Explanation: No details of reduction in money spent. We only know they join the team in order to streamline communication and impel project completion. We cannot also say the statement is “False” since the passage did not expressly say so.
Second Passage A UN report has warned of the potential problems of global warming. If the production of greenhouse gases continues at the current rate, this will result in the melting of ice sheets in Greenland and the Antarctic. The consequences of this will be rising sea levels, which will endanger 145 million people. In response to the problem, the report observes the need for an immediate international agreement on reducing emissions.
Emission of greenhouse gases can result in a change in sea levels.
C. Cannot say
Answer : A, Explanation: The passage states this in line 3.
The report recommends an international agreement to stabilize emissions.
C. Cannot say
Answer : B, Explanation: Although it is true that the report recommends an international agreement, but it was meant to reduce and not to stabilize.